Integrity Garage Door Repair
The Most Trusted and Experienced Name for Garage Door Repair and Replacement in Suffolk!
Integrity Garage Door Repair is an independently owned garage door repair company that specializes in repairing and replacing garage door. The company has been serving the residents of Suffolk, VA for many years. Integrity Garage Door Repair is well-known for its top-notch customer service.
request a service
Trusted Garage Door Technicians
Google Customer Reviews
Understanding Garage Door Spring Types and Tension
Garage doors are an essential part of our homes, providing security, convenience, and weather protection. However, these heavy doors require a complex system of springs to counterbalance their weight and ensure smooth operation. Garage door springs are under tremendous tension and play a crucial role in the safety and functionality of your garage door. Understanding the different types of garage door spring types and their tension requirements is essential for maintaining a safe and reliable garage door system.
Garage Door Spring Types
There are two main types of garage door springs: extension springs and torsion springs.
- Extension Springs: Extension springs are typically used on lighter garage doors. They are mounted on either side of the garage door track and extend as the door opens, storing energy that is released to help close the door.
- Torsion Springs: Torsion springs are more commonly used on heavier garage doors. They are mounted horizontally above the garage door opening and are wound around a metal shaft. As the door opens, the springs twist, storing energy that is released to help raise the door.
Garage Door Spring Tension
The tension of a garage door spring is crucial for its proper function. Too much tension can cause the spring to break, while too little tension can lead to the door sagging or not opening or closing properly. The correct tension for a garage door spring depends on the weight, size, and type of garage door.
Importance of Professional Garage Door Spring Repair
Garage door springs are under tremendous tension and can be dangerous if not handled properly. Attempting to repair or replace garage door springs without proper training or experience can lead to serious injuries. It is always recommended to seek professional garage door repair services from a qualified technician in Suffolk.
It is recommended to have your garage door springs inspected annually by a qualified technician.
Signs of a failing garage door spring include:
- Loud noises when opening or closing the garage door
- The garage door opening or closing unevenly
- The garage door sagging or not opening or closing properly